Professional Experience Placement
- 6 ECTS
- 156 Hours spent completing practical training at the training host.
- Only open to enroll in the fifth semester of studies (first semester of the third year studies).
- However, it is possible, and students are encouraged to complete practical training in the summer between he second and third year of studies.
Practical Training Host
- The practical training base shall be selected by the student, subject to approval of the practical training coordinator.
- examples of such are: Courts, Law offices, Legislative bodies, Legal departments of NGOs, Legal departments of a business, Legal departments of a governmental agency.
- Attending one of the Practical Training Informational Sessions and workshops is a mandatory requirement to begin the practical training.
- The workshops are scheduled each semester.
- The assessment period for the practical training is in January.
- Students have 8.5 moths to complete practical training, from June until mid-January.
- The required documents are available in the practical training Moodle course site and Tallinn University website.
- Students must first submit a signed and properly completed Practical Training Registration Form and Practical Training Agreement for approval to the university based supervisor two weeks before beginning practical training.
- Upon completion of practical training, students must submit a Practical Training Report that is written and formatted according to the writing guidelines of the law study area.
- At the conclusion of the practical training experience, the host-based supervisor shall provide an assessment of the student’s performance of the placement and fill the assessment form.
- To conclude the practical training, the student must submit three documents together to the Moodle course site which are:
- The Host Supervisor’s Assessment.
- The Student’s Self Assessment.
- The Practical Training Report.
NOTICE: if student wants to start practical training:
- In the months of June, July, August, or September, then the registration form and agreement must be submitted at the latest on the 15th of May.
- In October, then the registration form and agreement must be submitted at the latest on the 15th of September.
- In November, then the registration form and agreement must be submitted at the latest on the 15th of October.
- In December, then the registration form and agreement must be submitted at the latest on the 15th of November.
- In January, then the registration form and agreement must be submitted at the latest on the 15th of December.